“In the jungle the mighty jungle the Lion sleeps tonight!!!” Don’t know if its just me who that line gets singing and reminiscing about their childhood. The Lion King was my movie I watched over and over growing up. Imagine how thrilled I was when I heard they were coming out with a live action Lion King. It hits theaters July 19, 2019. In true mom fashion I had to have my kiddos rewatch The Lion King with me. I figured this would hold us over until the live action one comes out.
A few days after watching we decided to do some crafts because that’s what we do. My son oh so cleverly decided to play The Lion King. Which basically meant he wanted to use his toy animals to pretend eat his brothers animals all in the name of fun. To hold off the budding animal kingdom war we decided to make some slime. Some glue, glitter, and animals later we had Timon and Pumba Lion King Bug Slime. If you have ever wondered how to make slime and you love The Lion King then this is the article for you. Here is the easy slime recipe we used to make some awesome Lion King Bug Slime
Tips on how to make slime
Measure Ingredients Carefully
Just like baking when making slime unless you are a pro make sure you measure the ingredients. Just having the littlest bit off can make your slime too sticky, too runny, or hard.
If your slime consistency seems off before adding more ingredients knead a little more. Sometimes kneading it will make all the difference.
TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE ( SALINE RECIPE)
For this easy slime recipe one of the key pointers is too start small. Start with a tsp of saline. You can always add more as needed but you can not take away.
Mix, Mix, Mix. Look for the slime to start pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Then you will know you have just started to mix enough.
If the slime is too sticky knead some more. You can add a bit more saline solution. We do this by putting it on our fingers and then kneading. This way its not just dumping more activator in. Its a tiny bit at a time so its not over done. With these tips hopefully your slime making will be easier than my first 3 attempts.
Timon and Pumba Lion King Bug Slime
Easy slime recipe to make a awesome Timon and Pumba Bug Slime.
- 5 oz clear glue
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp contact solution
- Plastic Bugs
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Airtight container
- In a bowl, pour 5 oz clear glue.
- Add 1/2 cup water. Mix until the glue has broken up and is incorporated into the water.
- Mix 1/2 cup baking soda in. Baking soda will help determine your slime thickness.
- Add 1 tbsp of contact solution. Mix. The slime will be ready to knead when the slime pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Contact solution is what makes the slime sticky or not.
- Knead the slime. It will be sticky at first. Just keep kneading it! If you have to, you can add a little bit of contact solution, but be careful not to over activate.
- Once your slime has formed, you can add your bugs and knead them inside.
- Store in an airtight container.
This is so adorable and makes me feel nostalgic. Great recipe.