It’s Throwback Thursday!! My memories for the day popped up so I clicked on it and got reminded of my Thursday 2 years back. The day Alijah and I made homemade, edible playdough I was cooking and somehow a toddler with sticky fingers got ahold of a brand new bag of flour. By the time I looked up my then 2-year-old rolling around in my flour all over my family room floor. First I stripped him down because he clearly was not wearing that outfit for the day.Then I did what any mommy would do. Busted out a bowl, some ingredients, and we made homemade, edible, safe playdough. Because why not.
- 1-2 cups of Flour (add more or less to get desired consistency)
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 1/2 cup Water
- Optional Food Coloring to make it look pretty
- Optional Kool Aid Packets to make it look pretty and taste good
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Spoons for Mixing
- Measure Ingredients
- Mix it all together in a bowl
- Add more flour as needed. You want it to be firm and not sticky but still malleable
- Alijah had a blast with my rolling pin, spoons, bowls, and other kitchen utensils. Even my older boys got in on the fun.
- When you are done playing make sure to store in a plastic baggie or bowl with a lid in the fridge so it doesn’t spoil too fast or dry out.
- It won’t last forever but you should get a few days of fun out of it. Besides half the fun is in the making process!!
Another fun craft is Slime. It is not edible but still lots of fun to make and play with.