I have been trying to reduce my carbs. Sometimes it can be difficult coming up with meals for myself and then one for the family. Finding one that everyone likes saves time and saves me making multiple meals. One meal my kids love is teriyaki chicken lettuce wraps.
The teriyaki chicken was something I happened to just dump in a pan and cook up. I had chicken, mushrooms, and sauce and had to come up with something. Looking at the Teriyaki and cheese I thought for sure my children would not want to eat it. But no leftovers later it became a go-to meal in our house.
Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium onion
- 1 container fresh cut mushrooms
- 1 bottle kikkoman teriyaki baste
- 1lb shredded mild or medium shredded cheese
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tbls olive oil
- Combine butter, garlic, and cubed chicken breast in skillet over medium heat
- When chicken is mostly done add diced onion and mushroom
- Cover and let cook for 10 min or until the onions are almost see thru
- Drain some of the liquid so the mix is not too runny and then add Teriyaki baste
- Mix in cheese until cheese is melted
- Remove from heat and serve while warm