As a mom of boys I am always on the lookout for healthy, kid approved dinner ideas. I recently started my own herb garden. Because of my garden I have been trying to find all sorts of ways to include my herbs in our lives. I have been able to use them in body products like bath bombs and lotions. I have also used herbs in recipes and learned how to make a easy chicken bake recipe with rosemary and thyme.
Benefits of Fresh Herbs
Herbs are powerful and can have many health benefits. Some of my favorite herbs and spices include cinnamon, rosemary, thyme, and Fenugreek. They each have powerful health benefits.
- Cinnamon: May aid in blood sugar control
- Rosemary: May aid with allergy relief and nasal congestion
- Thyme: Making a Thyme tea aids with chest congestion, cough, and mucus
- Fenugreek: May aid in blood sugar control
Rosemary and Thyme Chicken Bake
One thing that I have been able to include fresh herbs in is a super easy chicken bake recipe. It is packed full of deliciousness and includes rosemary and thyme.
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 bag of egg noodles
- 2 large chicken breast
- Season salt
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 1 stem of rosemary
- 1 stem of thyme
- Cut chicken breast into strips.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat.
- Sprinkle season salt on the chicken and add to heated skillet.
- While chicken is cooking, began to cook noodles according to the package directions.
- Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, removed and set aside.
- Now, drain the noodles and add to a large bowl. Mix in marinara sauce.
- Add noodle and sauce mix to a large rectangle glass baking dish.
- Prep rosemary and thyme, mincing both and mix together.
- Place chicken on top, placing it so that is covers the entire pasta mix.
- Sprinkle rosemary and thyme over chicken and pasta.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and bake for 35 minutes at 375.
- Remove from oven once golden brown.
- Garnish and serve.