One of my favorite things in the world is cheesecake. When I got my new Instant Pot my first goal was to find a Instant Pot Cheesecake recipe. Anyone who knows me knows dessert is my favorite part of the day. I wanted to learn how to make cheesecake in a Instant Pot. Making cheesecake in a pressure cooker (Instant Pot) can be a challenge, but it doesn’t have to be!! Here are a few simple tips that I use to make the perfect cheesecake in a Instant Pot.
Tip 1: Room Temperature Ingredients
Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. If you want the smooth, creamy texture then it is vital your cream cheese and eggs are at room temperature. If they are too cold then you will end up with lumps in your cheesecake.
The first time I made cheesecake in a Instant Pot it did not come out like I imagined. It was lumpy. Still tasted good but not the texture I love and expect from cheesecake. Th mistake I had made was I figured I could just beat the cream cheese to a smooth texture and it would be fine. I was wrong. If you are impatient like me and always forget to prep a quick way to get your cream cheese to room temperature is to put your cream cheese in a Ziploc bag and place it in warm (not hot) water. Leave in the water for 10-15 minutes. Place the eggs in the warm water for 5 minutes. Remove both from the warm water and they will be room temperature.
Tip 2: Remember the Instant Pot Makes it More Forgiving
Your cheesecake will set when it is refrigerated. However if it is still a bit runny in the center you can always pop it back in the instant pot. It is a lot more forgiving than baking. If you do pop it back in it will just help firm it up more and make it denser like a New York Style Cheesecake.
Tip 3: Use A Sling
Getting the pan out of the pressure cooker can be difficult. I always recommend using a sling. There are many that you can buy online. On Amazon there is a entire Instant Pot Silicone Accessories Kit. It comes with Egg Bites Mold, Vegetable Steamer Basket Rack, and Pot Holder Oven Mitts. Fits 5,6,8 qt. The Vegetable Steamer Basket Rack works great as a sling. If you want to go the inexpensive route some tin foil works just as well as a sling.
- Tear off about 2 feet of aluminum foil
- Lift the side closet to you and fold it up one-third of the way and then press it down on the fold
- Fold the other side over the folded area and press down on the fold to make your Sling, flat.
- Place sling under spring-form pan and use it to lower it into the Instant Pot leaving the sling in the Instant Pot until finished
- When finished grasp both sides of the sling and use it to remove the pan from instant pot
One of my favorites recipes is my Instant Pot peppermint bark cheesecake recipe. It is a cheesecake with Oreo crust and is absolutely delicious. There are so many other recipes out there to make cheesecake in your pressure cooker but this is one of my favorites. When you are making it make sure not to do the crumbs for the crust up to high on the Springform Pan or your crust will get too moist. Here is the my favorite cheesecake recipe. Do you have a favorite? If yes please share it with me as I love love love cheesecake in all flavors.
Instant Pot Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
Decadent peppermint cheesecake. Cooked in your Instapot for a quick delicious dessert
- 15 double stuffed oreo cookies
- 2- 8 oz packages of cream cheese
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (you can adjust this to the amount of flavor you like)
- 4 oz. melted white chocolate (cooled)
- 4 oz roughly chopped milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup chopped peppermint candy
- Prepare a 6” springform pan by spraying with nonstick spray.
- With a food processor, place 15 oreo cookies with feeling inside and process until it creates crumbs.
- Place the cookies in the bottom of the springform pan, and gently press with your hand to create the crust, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar one tbsp at a time until completely combined.
- Add the sour cream and peppermint extract and mix until combined.
- Add in your cooled white chocolate and mix until combined.
- Fold eggs in one at a time, being careful not to over mix! Only mix long enough to combine the egg.
- Gently fold in your chopped milk chocolate, and peppermint candy.
- Pour batter into your prepared crust, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Prepare your instant pot, by placing in your trivet and pouring in 1 cup of water.
- Optional step: Create a sling out of aluminum foil and place on top of the trivet and along the sides of the pot. This will make it easier to remove the cheesecake after it is finished baking.
- Place your cheesecake on top of your sling in the pot and place the lid on sealing.
- Bake on high pressure for 35 minutes with a natural release.
- Once you can open the lid, take the cheesecake out and allow to cool completely on a wire rack, then place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Top with your favorite toppings and serve!
My Favorite topping is to make a chocolate glaze. Combine 3/4 cup chocolate morsels, 3 tbls butter,1 tbls light corn syrup. Stir and melt until mix is smooth. Add 1/4 tsp of vanilla. Mix and then Pour over cheesecake. When it hardens add whipped topping and garnish with peppermint.