Homemade Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
The winter is always the season of gingerbread and nothing beats the smell of it. I am a huge fan of gingerbread. Gingerbread cookies, cake,bath salts, smoothies, bath bombs, and gingerbread sugar scrub. Gingerbread sugar scrub is always a favorite of mine. It smells delicious and works magic on my skin. There are so many benefits to sugar scrubs and they are a inexpensive way to keep your skin looking amazing.
Sugar scrubs are great for smoothing and exfoliating your skin. If you add certain oils it can also moisturize. The ingredients in homemade gingerbread sugar scrub have many benefits to your skin.
- Ginger Increases blood flow, has anti-aging benefits, helps clear blemishes, and ground ginger root helps tone the skin
- Nutmeg Reduces redness and inflammation. Nutmeg is also wonderful for acne, eczema, and blemishes.
- Cinnamon Stimulates blood flow, has anti-aging benefits, and cinnamon great for acne and eczema.
- Sugar Sugar is what helps exfoliate all that dead skin cells and leaving you with smooth skin.
- Coconut Oil Coconut oil is an amazing moisturizer which will leave your skin feeling oh so smooth. *** I use a minimum amount of coconut oil as it firms up really fast and can leave your scrub feeling hard.***
- Shea Butter Shea Butter is moisturizing and soothing for your skin which will help leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Almond Oil Sweet Almond Oil is moisturizing and soothing for your skin ** This is my favorite oil to use. It has the same benefits of coconut or shea but it liquid so leaves the scrub feeling softer and it does not harden up**
- 2 cups sugar
- ***1 cup of preferred oil. Softened coconut oil is a great choice for moisturizing the skin but does tend to harden. Shea butter is another great option but my favorite is Almond oil.**
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Measuring Spoons
- Stirring Spoon
- Airtight container
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Pour into a airtight container
- To use gently massage over face ( gently as it is abrasive you do not want to scrub too hard)