I love the smell of gingerbread. If you have read any of my precious articles you will see gingerbread sugar scrub, bath bombs, cupcakes, and now craft items. The smell of gingerbread just says winter to me and living in Arizona I need reminders of winter. With my love of gingerbread I was trying to find a fun craft. My boys love slime. So why not combine them both. We decided to make a easy delicious smelling easy gingerbread slime.
Slime Making Tips
If you are like me you are not super crafty. I killed my first 3 slime making attempts. Now I supervise while the kiddos make the slime. Here’s a few tips we have learned along the way.
For Different textures use different ingredients
- Shaving foam makes the slime fluffy. Add more for fluffier slime, but not too much or your slime won’t be stretchy.
- Body lotion makes the slime stretchy.
- Baby oil makes the slime less sticky so it doesn’t stick to your hands as easily.
- Corn starch makes the slime hold its shape.
- Baking Powder thickens the slime
Any of the above ingredients can be used with the baking powder or to replace the baking powder. You make a hole in the center and place whichever you decided on and fold it in for the desired consistency
Measure Ingredients Carefully
Just like baking when making slime unless you are a pro make sure you measure the ingredients. Just having the littlest bit off can make your slime too sticky, too runny, or hard.
If your slime consistency seems off before adding more ingredients knead a little more. Sometimes kneading it will make all the difference.
Tips For This Recipe ( Saline Recipe)
Start with a tsp of slime. You can always add more as needed but you can not take away.
Mix, Mix, Mix. Look for the slime to start pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Then you will know you have just started to mix enough.
If the slime is too sticky knead some more. You can add a bit more saline solution. We do this by putting it on our fingers and then kneading. This way its not just dumping more activator in. Its a tiny bit at a time so its not over done. With these tips hopefully your slime making will be easy peasy.
Easy Gingerbread Slime
- 1 airtight container
- 1 5 oz bottle of clear glue
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp contact solution
- Brown Glitter
- Gold Glitter
- Gingerbread Essential Oil
- Brown acrylic paint
- Small bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Airtight container
- In a bowl, pour the entire 5 oz bottle of clear glue.
- Add in ½ cup of water.
- Add in a bit of brown acrylic paint. Stir.
- Drop a few drops of gingerbread seasoning in and stir again.
- Mix the glitter. We added mostly brown with a bit of gold. Stir.
- Add in ½ tsp baking soda and stir.
- Add 1 tbsp contact solution. It will instantly begin to form.
- It will be STICKY! Don’t panic! Mix the solution in the bowl until it starts to form.
- Knead the slime until it is no longer sticky.
- Store in an airtight container.