Gingerbread Bath Bomb
Are you looking for a fun, easy DIY gift? How about a homemade gift for the lady in your life who loves her spa or bath time? Gingerbread bath fizzies also called Gingerbread bath bombs are a delicious smelling homemade gift anyone will love. As delicious as they smell I would not be surprised if you make a set for a gift and a set for yourself.
Bath bombs have alot of benefits. Not only are fizzies relaxing but they have many benefits for your body. I make other bath bombs and bath salts with essential oils that are great for relaxation and congestion. There are just so many things you can do with bath products.
Benefits of Gingerbread Bath Fizzies Ingredients
- Baking Soda Used to sooth the skin. One of the common remedies for skin irritation is to make a baking soda paste.
- Epsom Salt Epsom salts have been used for ages. They relax and relieve sore muscles, pain, and cramps. It also helps your body detox and help boost magnesium.
- Citric Acid This is the ingredient that helps create that fun fizzing that bath bombs and fizzies are known for. Along with the fizzy action citric acid can help remove dead skin cells
- Coconut Oil Coconut oil has moisturizing properties. It is used to add moisture and create a barrier to keep the moisture in.
- Cinnamon Stimulates blood flow.
- Ginger Increases blood flow and adds to the detox benefits.
- Molasses Brightens skin and lightly exfoliating. Plus it gives a bit of natural color
The amount used are not a ton so you won’t see drastic results but you can use it often and in other products to add to their usefulness. For added benefit use them with gingerbread sugar scrub.
There are so many other recipes out there for bath bombs. I also make a bath bomb that is similar to my bath salts I make.
Gingerbread Bath Fizzies ( Yes they smell like Gingerbread)
Delicious smelling gingerbread men bath bombs. These gingerbread bath fizzies smell just like grandmas baking and leave your skin feeling soft and smooth
- 1 C. baking soda
- 1/2 C. citric acid
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp molasses
- Spritz of water, as needed
- Gingerbread mold
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Gingerbread men mold or any other mold you decide you like
- Combine the baking soda, citric acid, cinnamon and ground ginger.
- Add in the melted coconut oil and molasses.
- If the mixture is too dry add in a little bit of water and combine to mix using your hands. You want to be able to mold the mixture in your hand but it needs to be more dry then wet or you will lose all the fizz.
- Spoon the mixture into the Gingerbread men mold filling each cavity about halfway. Use your fingers to press down.
- Spoon the remaining mixture evenly into the cavities and continue to press down.
- Set the Gingerbread bath bombs in a cool/dry spot for 24 hours to allow them to set.
- Use 1-2 in a warm bath.
*Makes 6 Gingerbread Bath Bombs/Fizzies