Nothing smells better or more like winter than gingerbread. I absolutely love gingerbread everything from slime, bath bombs, sugar scrubs, cookies and cupcakes. Not going to lie the cupcakes are my favorite because I love all things dessert. I’ve discovered, much to the love of my children, gingerbread cupcakes make a great dessert and a even better breakfast dessert. Plus it leaves the entire house smelling delicious even before you bake them.
Easy Gingerbread Cupcakes
The recipe I use is such a easy recipe even I can’t ruin them. You can use cream cheese frosting or check out the easy homemade cinnamon cream cheese frosting recipe I have.
The Ingredients are just a few. You will need yellow cake mix, butter, brown sugar, molasses, ground ginger, and a few other spices
Once you have all your ingredients arranged it is just a few more steps until deliciousness. To make it simple put the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in a different one. Mix each separately then add the wet to the dry fold in gently, add water, and viola that’s it.
- Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1 yellow box mix
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, add cake mix, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, add egg, brown sugar, molasses and butter.
- Add small bowl ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in gently with spatula.
- Add water and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Layer each muffin cup 2/3 of the way with batter.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until it springs back when touched.
- Let cool.