I love tie dye and I mean love love so when I saw a pair of galaxy shoes all I could think of was ohhh tie dye shoes. When I first started trying to figure out how to make these I quickly realized they were not tie dye but a completely different method. They were actually Sharpie Galaxy shoes. That’s right! They used regular colored sharpie markers and rubbing alcohol. And don’t worry if you get sharpie anywhere you don’t want it here’s a article on how to get sharpie out of almost anything.
These DIY Sharpie Galaxy shoes are so simple to make and can cost less than 30$ depending on what shoes you buy. For me I was pretty excited I already had the shoes, the sharpies, and the alcohol so free to me. If you would like to make a pair let me share how I made my very own DIY Galaxy Glitter shoes
Creating Your Sharpie Galaxy Shoes
Once you have your area all set up it is time to create your shoes. Here is the quick run down of how I designed my Sharpie Galaxy shoes.
- 1 pair of white sneakers
- Sharpie markers (variety of colors)
- Rubbing alcohol
- White paint
- Blow Dryer
- Small paint brush
- Lay out your supplies
- If you are using shoes with laces remove laces
- Begin coloring your shoes with sharpies
- After coloring spray with rubbing alcohol or just pour it over the shoes
- You will immediately see the colors begin to bleed into eachother
- I used a rag to blend the colors more but this is optional
- Blow dry shoes or set outside to dry
- Rinse shoes in hot water to remove excess color
- Allow shoes to dry
- Mix glitter in white acrylic paint or don't use glitter but hey glitter is kinda awesome for a galaxy affect
- Use small paint brush to create clouds on shoes then use rag to gently smear creating a cloudy look
- Use the end of the paint brush handle not the brush to draw any galactic items. I did shooting stars and small planets.
- Allow to dry completely and rock your style