Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea is absolutely amazing. I like to drink it when I have a cold or anything Sinus happening. Even my kiddos love it. It helps soothe the throat and the peppermint in it helps open the sinuses. Despite its deliciousness if you have ever been to Starbucks you know its not cheap. With a family of 6 and everyone wanting one the prices slowly creeps upward. Instead of heading to Starbucks all cold and flu season I decided to learn how to make it myself. Here is my copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea recipe.
This copycat Starbucks medicine ball tea recipe is feel better perfection and even more perfect on the wallet. Each box of tea can be purchased at any of your local stores or you can use the links below. The honey was the most expensive. I prefer honey from local spots which can run between 10$-20$ but to me the benefits of local honey is worth it. Regardless of how much I spend on the honey the total is less than 30$ and I can make at minimum 15 cups of tea. To me that is a health and financial win.
This tea not only tastes delicious but it has medicinal benefits also. Please keep in mind I am not a doctor so I make no claims that this will heal you or make your cough and cold go away. I am just a mom who knows it helps her and her family. The ingredients used have been shown to help with cold symptoms
- Peppermint/Mint: Contains menthol which helps soothe sore throats and quiet coughs. Peppermint oil can be used as a natural decongestant.
- Lemon: Lemon juice helps cut through congestion. It helps to thin and reduce phlegm. Hot lemon water or steamed lemon water is especially helpful
- Honey: Works as a great cough suppressant. It coats the throat to soothe irritation
Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea Recipe
- 1 cup steamed lemonade or to cut sugar use hot lemon water
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teabag green mint tea
- 1 teabag peach tea
- 1 teabag peppermint tea
- honey to taste
- Steam the Lemonade and Water. Basically put in a pot until just before boiling. Or for easier and faster steaming you can run thru your coffee maker like I do **
- Add the 3 different tea bags and let steep for 5-10 min for maximum effectiveness. Do not over steep or the bags may break and you will have floaties
- Add honey to taste
Most of the calories in this tea come from the honey.
** One of my readers asked How To Steam Lemonade? I can be lazy so to steam lemonade usually I will just run it through my coffee maker. Another easy way to steam lemonade is to put it in a small pot on the stove top and warm on low heat while stirring. When it starts to steam you are all finished.
** To make a sugar free lemonade you can make lemon water. Place a cup of water on the stove top on low heat. As it warms squeeze 1 fresh lemon into the water and stir. Once it starts to steam remove from heat.
Serving Size:2 Cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140