Making Cream Cheese Frosting is easy peasy. Cinnamon is a staple in our house because not only is it delicious and has health benefits, but it just screams winter treat to me. Frosting is yummy on its own but adding a cinnamon twist just makes it that much better. Here’s a recipe for a easy cinnamon cream cheese frosting that pairs perfectly with Gingerbread Cupcakes.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 2 sticks room temperature unsalted butter
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup room temperature cream cheese
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat cream cheese and butter for 1 minute or until creamy
- Add half of the creamer and slowly add in the confectioners’ sugar, 1/2 cup at a time until light and fluffy. If mixture is too thick, add more creamer, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add cinnamon and incorporate completely.
- Place in piping bag and frost cupcakes.