Ever heard the phrase a apple a day keeps the doctor away? I have and it never made sense until I had kiddos. My youngest loves apples and is very healthy aside for minor coughs and colds. Researchers have found that the antioxidant properties of one fresh apple were equal to 1,500 milligrams of vitamin C. Vitamin C is a powerhouse for boosting immunity which in turns helps our bodies fight illness.
My kiddos go thru a bag of apples about every 4 days. They love all things apple from just eating apple slices to making pie, ice cream, bread, and chocolate dipped apple slices. Chocolate dipped apple slices while not the healthiest form of apple are still delicious. And lets face it sometimes having something not healthy is ok. You can still get the vitamin c from the apple peel and get to enjoy the delicious milk chocolate melted all over it.
Chocolate Dipped Apple Slices
It is such a simple recipe and only 3 ingredients. One of my favorite things about this is that it is so quick and easy that even my 5 yr old can help make them. There are minimal steps to making these delicious treats. Heres a quick video to show you how. Below that you will find the recipe.
- 4-6 small Granny Smith apples
- 1 ½ C. milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbs coconut oils
- Christmas sprinkles
- Lollipop sticks
- Wash and dry apples.
- Cut in half.
- Cut each half into quarters
- Turn them on their side and cut any parts with seeds.
- Gently push a lollipop stick through each apple wedge.
- Add coconut oil to chocolate chips and mix.
- Put in microwave for 20-30 second intervals, mixing between each, until melted.
- Dip each wedge into chocolate and cover on all sides.
- Shake or tap off excess chocolate.
- Place each one onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Add sprinkles.
- Put in fridge for 15 minutes, or until firm.