I am a mom of boys. That means there will be things that they do that I kind of terrify me. That’s probably why my husband waited until I was in California and 6 hrs away to take my 5 yr old and 11 yr old to the arena. I had seen him look up where to play airsoft in Phoenix but didn’t realize he meant to take my babies. To say I was irritated is nice but then I saw the pictures and heard the story and this mom was sold.
The men and facilities at American Paintball Coliseum have my vote of confidence. The friendly and helpful staff ensures the facilities are a fun and a safe environment. They offer the sports of paintball, airsoft, and laser tag. They also offer a Pro Shop where you can buy all your paintball, airsoft, laser tag supplies. Since their first visit American Paintball Coliseum has become my boys favorite airsoft place in Phoenix Arizona.
- Location: 2915 E. Washington St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
- Phone Number: (602) 275-5285
- Hours: INDOOR fields Monday – Friday 11:00AM – 8:00PM Saturday 9:00AM – 8:00PM Sunday 11:00AM – 6:00 PM
- Pricing: Each event has different pricing so please check their Pricing page for accurate information
The facilities are not the largest in the valley but my boys say its one of the most fun. On site is a Pro shop where you can purchase supplies. They also have a snack and photo op area. My boys love the zombie theme in the arena and say there are plenty of places to hide to go stealth mode.
My Boys Experience
I had someone ask me how I could be comfortable letting my 5 yr old play. I admit I was not happy when my husband told me. Then I saw how it was and all that went in to the playing. While still reserved I was alot less upset. When my kiddo came home not injured and with all the safety equipment he had been required to wear I was relieved. On their website it says “Paintball is great for players of all ages because it encourages teamwork, communication and trust while playing an adrenaline filled sport.” Based on our experience I would say this is absolutely true along with teaching safety.
- Safety Measures:The most important thing that they teach is safety. No one is allowed on the field without eye protection and face protection. They also offer chest protection. Before going into the arena they stress you never point a weapon even if its a paintball or airsoft at anyone outside the arena. They even have a safety bag that goes offer the tip of the weapon that must be on if you are not in the arena. This ensures no one gets shot accidentally.
- Teaching Opportunities: If you have followed my blog or social media then you know I have a very very strong willed, active 5 yr old. Sometimes it can be hard to wrangle him in. One of the things that I love about this facility is the focus on following directions, and listening. Alijah my wild one was not paying attention and accidentally shot one of the men who work there in the foot while on the field. This employee took him aside and had him sit out a round. He went a step further and sat out with Alijah. While he was sitting he explained how while its fun and a game that people can get hurt. He explained this is why it is important to listen and follow direction. Usually Alijah will have something to say but I was very pleased to hear that the approach had him stop, listen, and learn. He was able to go back in the next round and follow all directions.
- Body Awareness: My children are very active but they tend to be less aware of their bodies and surroundings. At any given time one is bumping into something or falling. Since they have been playing it has been helpful with teaching them body awareness and to be more aware of their surroundings. They are able to go have fun but with a purpose. They have to know where they are and where other people are in order to play safely. Since they love playing so much they make it a point to be aware.
I’m not going to lie and say I don’t worry when my kiddos go play airsoft. I still worry. But at the end of the day what they learn outweighs my mom worry. They have looked for airsoft places in Phoenix,California, and other areas since we roam alot. This place is by far their favorite. Just for kicks I looked up airsoft places in phoenix to see how this compared to other places. While some places were larger this one had more of a family feel to it and is one of the few that let the younger crowd play. I love how on their site they stressed safety, respect, and listening.