Kid Approved: Teriyaki & Cheese Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Finding low carb options for the kids can sometimes be difficult. This was something I happened to just dump in a pan and cook up. Looking at the Teriyaki and cheese I thought for sure they would not want to eat it. But no leftovers later it became a go-to meal in our house. Usually, I would put it over rice and eat it like that or in a burrito but then when we decided to go low carb I began looking at options. One yummy option was it over steamed cauliflower rice but the hit was lettuce wraps. I decided to share the recipe with everyone

Ingredients

Butter (just a little so the chicken doesn’t stick to pan)

4 chicken breast

1 large package of cut up mushrooms

1 medium-sized onion

1 lb of medium cheddar cheese

1 bottle of Kikkoman Teriyaki baste and glaze ( can use more if you like it saucy)

Preparation

1. Place butter in large skillet

2. Cube chicken and put in with the butter

Kid Approved: Teriyaki & Cheese Chicken Lettuce Wraps

3. Dice onion

4. When chicken s mostly cooked add mushrooms and onions.

Kid Approved: Teriyaki & Cheese Chicken Lettuce Wraps

5.  Add Fresh garlic ( as much as you want because you can never have too much garlic) Place lid on skillet and let it cook 10 min

Kid Approved: Teriyaki & Cheese Chicken Lettuce Wraps

6. Drain some of the liquid out so it’s not too runny

7. Add Kikkoman teriyaki baste

Kid Approved: Teriyaki & Cheese Chicken Lettuce Wraps

8. Cover skillet again and cook all the way thru

9. We like it with cheese. It’s still yummy without cheese, but this is where I add the cheese and let it melt

Kid Approved: Teriyaki & Cheese Chicken Lettuce Wraps

10. Serve Hot over cauliflower rice, in a lettuce wrap, or if you are not doing low carb over rice or with rice in a burrito.

Kid Approved: Teriyaki & Cheese Chicken Lettuce Wraps

11. Enjoy

Health Options

If you serve it over caulilower rice or in a lettuce wrap like we ate it last night then you reduce your carbs for a nice low carb option.

Spread the love

13 Comments

1. Marjie Mare
    January 18, 2018 / 3:18 pm

When we find a meal that has all the essential nutrients that kids need and they approve, what a victory. I could make this with my daughter and I know she would approve it too.

2. Deb Savage
    January 19, 2018 / 1:33 pm

These look like they are incredible. I love that they are kid approved too because mine can be picky.

3. January 19, 2018 / 2:37 pm

I love teriyaki chicken! I made some recently and my boys also ate it, so we will be making more. This is completely different than what we make, though, so I’ll have to give it a try. I have to say, I have never put cheese on my teriyaki, but cheese is my weakness so I will definitely be trying it next time!

4. January 19, 2018 / 8:12 pm

Oh, wow, this sounds amazing! My kids would totally love this (and eat up every single bite), I bet! Thanks for the great recipe!

5. January 19, 2018 / 11:20 pm

Sounds so yummy. Never thought teriyaki and cheese would go together.

6. January 20, 2018 / 8:09 am

Oh my! This teriyaki cheese chicken looks so delish! I am sure my family love it. I will make this for them this weekend.

7. Ariel
    January 20, 2018 / 11:49 am

Now these look seriously delicious! I am going to have to try this as it looks quite simple and easy. Always looking for new recipes to try, thanks for sharing!

8. Krysti
    January 20, 2018 / 1:37 pm

Love this idea! Such a great family weekday meal. Saving this to make next week!

9. January 20, 2018 / 11:38 pm

Yummy this looks so good!! I love recipes that are healthy and easy to make!!

10. Glenda
    January 21, 2018 / 12:17 am

I really need to try this Teriyaki & Cheese Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipe. My family love having wraps for lunch and dinner.

11. January 21, 2018 / 2:47 pm

That’s just not kid approved in my eyes. That’s ADULT ME approved too!

12. January 21, 2018 / 2:49 pm

Omg yummm. I don’t even have kids and I want to make it just for my husband and I 😍

13. January 21, 2018 / 3:48 pm

this is just what I needed today….perfect time. My kid would love this wrap