Finding low carb options for the kids can sometimes be difficult. This was something I happened to just dump in a pan and cook up. Looking at the Teriyaki and cheese I thought for sure they would not want to eat it. But no leftovers later it became a go-to meal in our house. Usually, I would put it over rice and eat it like that or in a burrito but then when we decided to go low carb I began looking at options. One yummy option was it over steamed cauliflower rice but the hit was lettuce wraps. I decided to share the recipe with everyone
Butter (just a little so the chicken doesn’t stick to pan)
4 chicken breast
1 large package of cut up mushrooms
1 medium-sized onion
1 lb of medium cheddar cheese
1 bottle of Kikkoman Teriyaki baste and glaze ( can use more if you like it saucy)
1. Place butter in large skillet
2. Cube chicken and put in with the butter
3. Dice onion
4. When chicken s mostly cooked add mushrooms and onions.
5. Add Fresh garlic ( as much as you want because you can never have too much garlic) Place lid on skillet and let it cook 10 min
6. Drain some of the liquid out so it’s not too runny
7. Add Kikkoman teriyaki baste
8. Cover skillet again and cook all the way thru
9. We like it with cheese. It’s still yummy without cheese, but this is where I add the cheese and let it melt
10. Serve Hot over cauliflower rice, in a lettuce wrap, or if you are not doing low carb over rice or with rice in a burrito.
If you serve it over caulilower rice or in a lettuce wrap like we ate it last night then you reduce your carbs for a nice low carb option.