New year! New me! I have been trying to reinvent myself. Not in a bad way but in a way that I can be healthier and happier. Not only for my children and my husband but most importantly for myself. I have been exercising because well I’m a thick girl. I love my size and think I am beautiful the way I am but health wise need to get this booty in shape. Recently went from a size 22 to a 16. I’m a work in progress but aren’t we all. So after buying some new clothes, I decided to try this thing called makeup. Now I have a husband and 4 boys so having time is next to impossible but I figured it out. LOL I just had to be quick. I have started getting up about 1 hr before everyone else. After showering and using my amazing face and body products (shameless plug lol but they really are amazing) I do my makeup. So for the mom on the go here are some quick and easy makeup tips.
Products I use
I’ll list them in the order I use them
- Sugar scrub every 3 days otherwise just a gentle facial cleanser. I make my sugar scrub. I also sell it here on my site. You can get it with shea butter or avocado butter. Leaves the face feeling smooth
- Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer. AMAZING! My skins feels powdery smooth after applying this. Its supposed to make your face a clean slate for the makeup to go on and adhere to. Don’t really understand all that but I know my face feels great with it on. I had bought a trial pack that came with the primer and setting spray for 19$. I wanted to try before I bought the full sizes. Well I’m buying the full sizes because I love this stuff
- Maybelline Master Contour stick. I’m new at this highlighting and contouring thing so this was easiest for me. It comes with the light and dark color. Still not sure if I’m using it correctly but I’m trying. It’s not high end but it is perfect for a mom on a budget.
- Pur Quick Pro Highlight and Contour powder. It just adds a bit more of a glow and the bronzing section is amazing. Can’t beat 14$
- Naked Skin by Urban Decay in a 12.0 shade. Provides excellent coverage as you can see and feels lightweight. I honestly don’t even feel it on my skin. This is important to me because I have sensitive skin, break out easily, and I hate the feel of stuff on my face which is why I had not been wearing makeup.
- Wet & Wild Coloricon blush. Cheap but it works. Gave me a rosy glow so I’ll take it
- Then I used my Real Techniques makeup brush and my Real Techniques beauty blender and I blended it all together
- Loreal eyeliner
- La girls eyeshadow pallet
- Urban Decay all nighter makeup setter spray
- After the makeup, I use my homemade moisturizing spray on my hair add a little homemade shea butter pomade, lotion up with my homemade body butter and I get ready to start my day
Steps I use to apply makeup
- Start with a fresh, clean face. I do a sugar scrub every 3 days and the other days just a gentle facial cleanser
- Highlight first
- Hit up those eyes
- Setting spray or powder
- Boom there it is LOL
To see exactly what I mean by this list check out the video of how I applied my makeup.
18 Min and Finished!!
18 min done and done and this including my rambling, doing my hair and applying some lotion. Got it done just before the first kid’s feet hit the floor. If there is something you would like for me to try let me know. Make sure to check out the beauty blogger I am following. She has some great tips and responds to messages back if you have any questions. Her name is Sanna Strong. Her blog is https://sealedwithakissbysanna.com.