Makeup For the Mom On the Go

New year! New me! I have been trying to reinvent myself. Not in a bad way but in a way that I can be healthier and happier. Not only for my children and my husband but most importantly for myself. I have been exercising because well I’m a thick girl. I love my size and think I am beautiful the way I am but health wise need to get this booty in shape. Recently went from a size 22 to a 16. I’m a work in progress but aren’t we all. So after buying some new clothes, I decided to try this thing called makeup. Now I have a husband and 4 boys so having time is next to impossible but I figured it out. LOL I just had to be quick. I have started getting up about 1 hr before everyone else. After showering and using my amazing face and body products (shameless plug lol but they really are amazing) I do my makeup. So for the mom on the go here are some quick and easy makeup tips.

Products I use

Makeup For the Mom On the Go

I’ll list them in the order I use them

1. Sugar scrub every 3 days otherwise just a gentle facial cleanser. I make my sugar scrub. I also sell it here on my site. You can get it with shea butter or avocado butter. Leaves the face feeling smooth
  2. Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer. AMAZING! My skins feels powdery smooth after applying this. Its supposed to make your face a clean slate for the makeup to go on and adhere to. Don’t really understand all that but I know my face feels great with it on. I had bought a trial pack that came with the primer and setting spray for 19$. I wanted to try before I bought the full sizes. Well I’m buying the full sizes because I love this stuff
  3. Maybelline Master Contour stick. I’m new at this highlighting and contouring thing so this was easiest for me. It comes with the light and dark color. Still not sure if I’m using it correctly but I’m trying. It’s not high end but it is perfect for a mom on a budget.
  4. Pur Quick Pro Highlight and Contour powder. It just adds a bit more of a glow and the bronzing section is amazing. Can’t beat 14$
  5. Naked Skin by Urban Decay in a 12.0 shade. Provides excellent coverage as you can see and feels lightweight. I honestly don’t even feel it on my skin. This is important to me because I have sensitive skin, break out easily, and I hate the feel of stuff on my face which is why I had not been wearing makeup.
  6. Wet & Wild Coloricon blush. Cheap but it works. Gave me a rosy glow so I’ll take it
  7. Then I used my Real Techniques makeup brush and my Real Techniques beauty blender and I blended it all together
  8. Loreal eyeliner
  9. La girls eyeshadow pallet
  10. Urban Decay all nighter makeup setter spray
  11. After the makeup, I use my homemade moisturizing spray on my hair add a little homemade shea butter pomade, lotion up with my homemade body butter and I get ready to start my day

Steps I use to apply makeup

1. Start with a fresh, clean face. I do a sugar scrub every 3 days and the other days just a gentle facial cleanser
  2. Highlight first
  3. Contour
  4. Blush
  5. Foundation
  6. Blend
  7. Hit up those eyes
  8. Setting spray or powder
  9. Boom there it is LOL

To see exactly what I mean by this list check out the video of how I applied my makeup.

18 Min and Finished!!

18 min done and done and this including my rambling, doing my hair and applying some lotion. Got it done just before the first kid’s feet hit the floor. If there is something you would like for me to try let me know. Make sure to check out the beauty blogger I am following. She has some great tips and responds to messages back if you have any questions. Her name is Sanna Strong. Her blog is https://sealedwithakissbysanna.com.

Spread the love

17 Comments

1. December 18, 2017 / 9:15 pm

Thanks for sharing, I am a natural sister, mother of two with a full-time job and now enjoying “the blog life”. I can tell you are a powerful and confident woman. Thanks for sharing your tips. Marjie

• ashleyb21
      Author
      December 19, 2017 / 1:45 pm

Thank you for the sweet comments!

2. December 19, 2017 / 6:57 am

Good for you! Going from size 22 to 16 is a huge accomplishment! I love what you are doing for yourself and taking steps to get into your better self. I used in the past a primer that I also loved, can’t remember the brand, and a makeup spray but since I’m pregnant they started to irritate my skin, very strange. I will go back to the self-care routine after baby is born!

• ashleyb21
      Author
      December 20, 2017 / 11:08 pm

Thank you! Im really trying to include self care. I get so lost with being a mom sometimes lol. Oh for sure after your little angel is born self care will be important. Wishing you all the best.

3. December 19, 2017 / 2:40 pm

Congrats on taking to for yourself and being aware that self care is important. love your makeup look. I am a super lazy girl and usually do just a bunch of mascara and a swipe of lipstick!

4. Tonya
    December 19, 2017 / 3:03 pm

Oh this is awesome! I love that you listed products that are affordable AND more power to you for waking up an hour earlier to get things done! That’s dedication! When you look better, you feel better. And when you feel better you DO better!

• ashleyb21
      Author
      December 20, 2017 / 11:09 pm

Thank you! I figure if you are a family of 6 inexpensive is important lol.

5. December 19, 2017 / 7:08 pm

As a busy mom of 2 myself, most days I don’t have a lot of time to spend on my makeup. Finding a makeup routine that can be accomplished quickly is a must! It sounds like you’ve gotten that down and the results look amazing. I think taking even that small amount of time for ourselves is so empowering and makes us feel so much better.

6. Deb Savage
    December 20, 2017 / 3:34 pm

I also use a sugar scrub and I love the way it makes my skin feel. It’s a great start to a beauty routine!

• ashleyb21
      Author
      December 20, 2017 / 11:10 pm

I agree! I love how my skin feels after a good sugar scrub

7. December 21, 2017 / 6:04 am

Your sugar scrub sounds awesome! I really love your daily routine, too!

8. December 21, 2017 / 9:09 am

I haven’t used too many of these. Although I did have a pedicure one time. And they used a sugar scrub on my feet and it worked very well. I will pass this information on to my daughter who is just starting to use a little makeup.

9. Mike
    December 21, 2017 / 10:10 am

Great stuff! I will be sure to forward this to my friend!

10. December 21, 2017 / 9:56 pm

Your sugar scrub seems to be so superb and i liked the way you explained here . Great though.

11. Candy Rachelle
    December 24, 2017 / 11:45 am

Self care is so important. and you had a great stuff hun. I think I need to start my makeup routine. You are so gorgeous, by the way.

• ashleyb21
      Author
      December 24, 2017 / 7:53 pm

Thank you. That means alot to me. I have been working on letting the beauty inside show on the outside.

12. December 26, 2017 / 7:00 am

Oh this looks so great! It will be a great start for moms.