Starbucks Copycat Medicine Ball Tea

Sickness has swept thru our house this past week. Complete with the stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing, blahness.  I was doing all my normal natural remedies and I also remembered a lady at Starbucks saying they had a tea called MedicineBall and it was perfect for colds.Well, we happen to live next door so I did what any mom would do and I sent a kid to buy me a tea. It was amazing. So delicious and it actually helped my throat and sinuses. It was perfect but it was also 5$ a pop. I’m always on the lookout for deals and how can I make it myself so I got to work and this is what I came up with.

Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea CopyCat

A Feel Good Tea to chase the yuckies away

Servings 1 person

Ingredients

• 1 cup lemonade or to cut sugar use lemon water
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 teabag green mint tea
  • 1 teabag peach tea
  • 1 teabag peppermint tea
  • honey to taste

Instructions

1. Steam the Lemonade and Water. Basically put in a pot until just before boiling. Or for easy peasy you can run thru your coffee maker like I do

2. Add the 3 different tea bags and let steep for 5-10 min for maximum effectiveness

3. Add honey to taste

4. Enjoy

Starbucks Copycat Medicine Ball Tea

To me, this recipe is feel better perfection. I tasted the same as the one I was sipping on to compare. Now, here’s the real beauty of it. I paid $2.50 for each box of 20 tea bags. 2$ for some lemons. The honey was the most expensive but still, I can make about 20 cups of this amazing tea for about 5$ more than the one cup I can buy at Starbucks. To me, that’s, a win because I am all about saving some money.

Spread the love

14 Comments

1. damondnollan
    November 22, 2017 / 1:22 pm

Nice! Thank you for the tip. I have come to enjoy tea within the past few years and when I’m not feeling well…a good tea is most certainly appreciated.

2. November 22, 2017 / 4:31 pm

I love it when people come up with a way to do drinks yourself, this sounds absolutely delicious and perfect for when you’re feeling a little under the weather.

3. November 22, 2017 / 6:10 pm

I do really love tea but for some reason, I just don’t drink it much anymore. Not sure why — except I know why today. Because it was 95 degrees!

4. November 22, 2017 / 6:23 pm

Whenever I start feeling sick I always make a herbal tea concoction as well. It definitely helps to kick whatever the funk is out of my system.

5. Amber
    November 22, 2017 / 7:06 pm

Oh cool, I need to try this out. I hate being sick, so I’ll be making this soon. It sounds tasty!

6. November 23, 2017 / 5:37 am

My parents are really into tea and it definitely help them in their health. Had to try it too and it taste Ok than I taught.

7. Rosey
    November 23, 2017 / 5:40 am

It’s nice to have a bestie who knows you well. 🙂 I’d take tea for a cold, definitely!

8. confettiandbliss
    November 23, 2017 / 9:41 pm

Tea is so warm and comforting – and your idea is a money-saver too! Now I need to head to the kitchen and put on my tea kettle.

9. November 24, 2017 / 6:53 am

Starbucks is so expensive, I always try to create my own beverages when I try to save money. Peach tea is my favorite so I need to try this.

10. November 24, 2017 / 7:57 am

Great alternative but with the same taste. Sometimes I feel like we are just paying for the name. Good to know and learn how it is being made. I want Peppermint and lemon flavors.

11. Jen Walker
    November 24, 2017 / 12:48 pm

Ugh, sickness has been running around my house all month long, and I’m sure we’ll have more hitting us this winter! Thanks for the tip! I actually keep all these teas around anyway, some for when I’m sick, so a combination may be what works best.

12. Hannah Marie
    November 24, 2017 / 2:37 pm

It’s the season of cold and flu and this is perfect! I will always choose the cheaper alternative. lol! Thank you for sharing this!

13. November 26, 2017 / 6:12 am

Tea is the best when you have a cold. I love tea with a little bit of honey. I also love to make a good soup. Anything thats warm is perfect.