CopyCat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea

Sickness has swept thru our house this past week. Complete with the stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing, and blahness.  I was doing all my normal natural remedies and researching to find more. I stumbled across a post talking about the benefits of Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea. I had never tried it before but decided to give it a go. It was amazing.

The tea was delicious. It helped soothe my throat and open my sinuses.  It was perfect but was also 5$ for just 1 cup. I’m always on the lookout for deals and how can I make it myself. I make a lot of home remedies and recipes for health and wellness and this was next on my list. Online I found the ingredients and tried my hand at making it myself. It took a few tries to get the taste 100% but eventually I perfected it.

This copycat Starbucks medicine ball tea recipe is feel better perfection and  even more perfect on the wallet. Each box of tea can be purchased at Walmart or another local store for about 2.50$ each. The honey was the most expensive. I prefer honey from local spots which runs about 10-12$ but to me the benefits of local honey is worth it. Regardless of how much I spend on the honey the total is less than 30$ and I can make at minimum 15 cups of tea. To me that is a health and financial win.

Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea Recipe

Yield: 1 Serving

CopyCat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea

CopyCat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea
Hot tea to soothe the yuckiest cold and flu symptoms and boost the immune system.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes

Ingredients

• 1 cup steamed lemonade or to cut sugar use hot lemon water
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 1 teabag green mint tea
  • 1 teabag peach tea
  • 1 teabag peppermint tea
  • honey to taste

Instructions

1. Steam the Lemonade and Water. Basically put in a pot until just before boiling. Or for easier and faster steaming you can run thru your coffee maker like I do
  2. Add the 3 different tea bags and let steep for 5-10 min for maximum effectiveness
  3. Add honey to taste
  4. Enjoy

Spread the love

14 Comments

1. damondnollan
    November 22, 2017 / 1:22 pm

Nice! Thank you for the tip. I have come to enjoy tea within the past few years and when I’m not feeling well…a good tea is most certainly appreciated.

2. November 22, 2017 / 4:31 pm

I love it when people come up with a way to do drinks yourself, this sounds absolutely delicious and perfect for when you’re feeling a little under the weather.

3. November 22, 2017 / 6:10 pm

I do really love tea but for some reason, I just don’t drink it much anymore. Not sure why — except I know why today. Because it was 95 degrees!

4. November 22, 2017 / 6:23 pm

Whenever I start feeling sick I always make a herbal tea concoction as well. It definitely helps to kick whatever the funk is out of my system.

5. Amber
    November 22, 2017 / 7:06 pm

Oh cool, I need to try this out. I hate being sick, so I’ll be making this soon. It sounds tasty!

6. November 23, 2017 / 5:37 am

My parents are really into tea and it definitely help them in their health. Had to try it too and it taste Ok than I taught.

7. Rosey
    November 23, 2017 / 5:40 am

It’s nice to have a bestie who knows you well. 🙂 I’d take tea for a cold, definitely!

8. confettiandbliss
    November 23, 2017 / 9:41 pm

Tea is so warm and comforting – and your idea is a money-saver too! Now I need to head to the kitchen and put on my tea kettle.

9. November 24, 2017 / 6:53 am

Starbucks is so expensive, I always try to create my own beverages when I try to save money. Peach tea is my favorite so I need to try this.

10. November 24, 2017 / 7:57 am

Great alternative but with the same taste. Sometimes I feel like we are just paying for the name. Good to know and learn how it is being made. I want Peppermint and lemon flavors.

11. Jen Walker
    November 24, 2017 / 12:48 pm

Ugh, sickness has been running around my house all month long, and I’m sure we’ll have more hitting us this winter! Thanks for the tip! I actually keep all these teas around anyway, some for when I’m sick, so a combination may be what works best.

12. Hannah Marie
    November 24, 2017 / 2:37 pm

It’s the season of cold and flu and this is perfect! I will always choose the cheaper alternative. lol! Thank you for sharing this!

13. November 26, 2017 / 6:12 am

Tea is the best when you have a cold. I love tea with a little bit of honey. I also love to make a good soup. Anything thats warm is perfect.